[Evolution] evolution froze

hi all,

since yesterday I am having big trouble with evolution:
I start it, it hangs right away and I see a message saying:

unable to retrieve message: interrupted system call
and it starts using all the cpu and the fan starts running.
I use ubuntu 7.04 on a macbook.
yesterday I was running evolution and it suddendly hung.
I killed it and since then I am no longer able to use it.
I am able to do nothing but kill it with top.
I also tried to apt-get remove it and reinstall it, but nothing.
I removed ${HOME}.evolution/cache but nothing.
any suggestions ?

thank you,
--
            emmanuele