[Evolution] Exchange & Large Folders

Hello everyone,

I've been a happy evolution user for a number of years.  Most of the
time it works great and allows those of us that are forced to use
Exchange (especially calendaring) to avoid running Windows.  The only
problem I've been having with Evolution recently is that after Evolution
starts up and I go to a folder (in my Exchange account) that has a few
thousand messages it takes a very long time for Evolution to load the
folder.  I get the "Scanning for changed messages" for a short amount of
time.  Network usage is max'd out.  Then I get the "Fetching summary
information for new messages" message for a very long time (sometimes
ten or fifteen minutes).  Meanwhile I can see that evolution is using no
network and no cpu.  So what is it waiting for?  Any ideas on how I can
make loading these large folders faster?  I'm currently using:
gnome-extra/evolution-data-server-1.11.1
gnome-extra/evolution-exchange-2.11.1
mail-client/evolution-2.11.1

But this has been a problem since the 2.8 days.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-James