[Evolution] Evolution / Exchange issues

Hi,

I am converting from a workstation using Windows 2000 and Outlook 2003
to a workstation using CentOS 5.0 and Evolution 2.8.

My problems are related to getting Evolution Mail, Calendar, and
Contacts to talk to the 2003 Exchange server reliably.

It seems like I can get Messages, and Appointments, but no Contacts.
But, changes made to the Email messages, like moving them to different
folders are lost when Evolution is exited.  Same is true for new or
modified Appointments.

The only setting I could find was to synchronize folders locally, which
seems to copy all of the email to my local hard drive.  Then the changes
made in Evolution are retained, (at least locally).  The problem is, it
takes about an hour everytime I start Evolution up before it finishes
synchronizing.  It appears to delete all of the local data each time and
the re-get it. I don't want the data copied locally.  I want it to
operate like Exchange or IMAP, where all of the data is stored and
retained on the server.  I have since turned off the setting for
synchronizing the folders locally, and it still is deleting and
recopying data.

Also, in the previous version of Evolution 2.6 (I think), I was able to
get the Calendar function to accept changes, but the notifications never
seemed to work.

Is there a forum or well documented area for how to properly set these
up, and how to debug when it does not work?  For instance a better
explanation and examples of what an OWA URL, or Global Catalog server
name.

Anyway, the main problem is that it keeps hanging for an extended length
of time while trying synchronize the folders.  If the password is
memorized, it looks like the program is not coming up at all.

Lastly, is there a way to completely clean out my email on my linux
workstation and start over?

Thanks for your help in advance.

ewb