Re: [Evolution] Query on MAPI packet structure.

Evening,

I've just subscribed to the list and is really pleased to see there is
interest for MAPI and the evolution plugin.

We indeed have a working implementation of an evolution plugin based on
our MAPI library. The couple plugin+camel provider is able to setup an
Exchange account, do name resolution, fetch, send and delete emails
with/wihout attachments. Furthermore, we start to handle some MAPI flags
for an enhanced display, such as the importance or if the mail has
attachments.

In the meantime, the plugin is still unstable and there is thread memory
access violation + some refresh problems. When the openchange team in
charge of the plugin development has fixed these issues, an official
technical preview package should be released.

I'll add some screenshots and a screencast as effective proof of the
current implementation.

Regarding the current MAPI library development on the MAILOOK branch, we
have working tests on create/fetch appointments and create/fetch
contacts. The openchange evo team will soon start investigations on
calendering and contacts. If some of you folks have knowledge on the
calendaring/contacts implementation in Evolution and have some time to
share, it could really be worthwhile you discuss with the team and help
them in this development process. We are also looking for beta testers
which could help in bug discovery, so we can quickly improve the plugin
scalability and reliability.

Btw, Jelmer Vernooij from the Samba team is currently working on
packaging Samba4 libraries for Debian. I think the talloc library is
already available within debian experimental and other packages should
be added soon. Regarding libmapi, Jelmer has done a great job on
preparing the package and we look forward it being added to debian
experimental in a near future.

Cheers,