Re: [Evolution] Query on MAPI packet structure.

Sajish P wrote:
Hi ,

Currently I am working on decoding MAPI protocol (Messaging API) and I am new to this. What I am look out for is some sort of reference which will help me identify the fields inside a MAPI packet( Preferably the data packet which transmits the data once an e-mail is sent). From the packet trace for the same I can see the subject, mail data , to , cc and bcc fields even though some sort of encoding is used. But from the trace I could not identify how the start and end of these fields are coded. I am using Observer 11.1 packet analyzer tool. Although for some MAPI packets it (observer) is able to identify the MAPI object within the payload, but for many packets (including the mail data packet), it cannot and it is simply classifying the payload as “Frame Padding”.

So my query is ;

- “ Is there any bits/bytes in the MAPI packet that could provide/identify the start of different fields?”

- “ Is there any general packet format/structure that MAPI is using to send mail-data?”

Any useful information will be of great help.

Thanks and regards,

Sajish P.P.