Re: [Evolution] Courier IMAP problems

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 23:09 +0100, Canny Duck wrote:
> >> If the folders are subfoders of inbox, the deleted and sended messages
> >> are just saved local and not on the imap server.
> >
> >Why do you say that? If your INBOX is on the server, the subfolders are
> >as well.
> >
> >poc
>
> Thats correct. But if I delete a mail from the server, for example in
> the INBOX, the mail is not moved to INBOX.TRASH but just deleted form
> the server an I can found it in the local trash.

I'm not sure I understand you. Evo's Trash is a virtual folder. It
doesn't live anywhere in particular since it's just a per-account view
of messages marked for deletion. The messages aren't physically moved
when you delete them. They stay where they are until you do an Expunge
or Empty Trash.

You might also have a (physical) folder called Trash, perhaps left over
from some other mail client, but Evo doesn't care about that.

poc

And what is with the sended messages? Can they be saved automaticlly
on the server after sending? Exists a workaround to to list the
subfolders in the some hierachy as the INBOX folder?

Canny Duck