[Evolution] evolution setup

Hi all!

I try to set up evolution on Redhat Fedora with a DSL internet
connection. however, I can send messages but I cannot receive any.
messages. After clicking "Send/receive" I get "Error while fetching
mail" with the comment that pop.earthlink.refused connection.
During the setup process when deciding on "authentication mode"  "Check
for supported types" does not work.
The technician at Earthlink suggested problems with the firewall, but
eliminating the firewall dod not help.

Any suggestions to narrow the problem or to fix are very much
appreciated.

My address is andreasbetz earthlink net

Many thanks

Andreas