Re: [Evolution] [Fwd: Re: Evolution-Connector W/ Exchange 2007]

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 16:40 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
BTW, openchange looks great..

Brutus is another one which looks great on paper (but I have 1 nit-pick
which has prevented me from evaluating it - it needs a windows box to be
installed to - the server portion anyway to do the MAPI translation)

Yes, I admit that the Windows server requirement is annoying but as
Varadhan said:

"Reverse engineered products/projects do lack 100% compatibility..."

So the Windows server part is needed if Brutus should be 100% compatible
with native MAPI. A less perfect solution, one that would remove the
Windows server requirement, would be to use libmapi (once available) in
Brutus Server and relocate it to, say, linux.

That would maintain the most important feature of Brutus, platform
independence for the clients, and at the same time free the server from
the Windows requirement but at the cost of 100% compatibility with
native MAPI(*).

Anyway - just speculating here...

Best regards,
  jules

(*) It might also impact the ability of Brutus to support Lotus Domino
which we are working on. Time will show...