Re: [Evolution] [Fwd: Re: Evolution-Connector W/ Exchange 2007]

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 09:05 -0600, Veerapuram Varadhan wrote:

Good god .. no wonder the connector is unuseable. I had high hopes for
a linux desktop, in part based on the expectation of having a fully
compatible groupware client for exchange.

Revere engineered products/projects do lack 100% compatibility and

To the majority of us, for us that really want to at least get our
emails off the server, having this work is essential, esp when they've
closed off the POP/IMAP ports.

I for one, am only interested in gettting the mails. Calendering and
others can wait.

Veerapuram is a novell employee and he's tasked to get evo-exchange
working and we, at least can just support him. (Unless of course, we can
send him patches!)

BTW, openchange looks great..

Brutus is another one which looks great on paper (but I have 1 nit-pick
which has prevented me from evaluating it - it needs a windows box to be
installed to - the server portion anyway to do the MAPI translation)