Re: [Evolution] How to configure Newsgroups

On 6/5/07, Walter <redhotwal yahoo co uk> wrote:
        I have not found any help on setting up a 'Newsgroup' account but I
        gather it is feasable by the correspondence.  I have located what I
        think to be the confuration and I get a response 'loading' but nothing
        seems to load.  I am missing some trick, any help would be appreciated.
        This is the sequence I have tried:-

        Edit; Preferences;Newsgroup folder; Protocol 'nntp'
        Edit ; identity, email address (as at my ISP)
        Receiving email ; server USENET.ISPname.net  username 'username' at my
        ISP
        Sending email ; SMTP server address of my ISP.

You need to subscribe to folders (groups). Go to Folder ->
Subscriptions and select the account name you just configured for
NNTP. Subscribe to which ever group you want to by selecting the
checkbox against its name.

Hope this helps.

Srinidhi.

Many thanks for your help Srinidhi, I have just found your reply in the archive, strange I did not receive an
email reply?
Well now I know how it is done it was straight forward but I had no idea of this additional procedure.  I do
hope others are able to follow this procedure.
Your assistance most appreciated.
regards, Walter