Re: [Evolution] New list member and curious.

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 06:02 -0400, carpetnailz wrote:
On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 04:36 -0500, Elizabeth Wright wrote:
Hi Javier Kohen:)

Oh thank you:) My XP machine is in the shop getting the CD burners
fixed. It's still under warrantee so I'm making them fix it on their
dime, LOL. But when it comes home guess what I'll be doing? LOL. I
love trying out new stuff.

Hopefully these guys will eventually get a version running for Vista.
I bought this machine as a backup. It had everything I wantd in my
price range. The guys online like Tiger direct still had their XP
machines with 512 mg of DDR memory at the same price I got this for.
This one had 2 Gigs of memory already installed and a much larger hard
drive. I have to confess I was also curious about the new OS.

I don't have time right now to fool around with building a machine.

You don't need to "build a new machine" to try Linux. If you are
somewhat comfortable with the idea of repartitioning your hard drive you
can set up a dual boot system and have both operating systems on the
same machine. There may be a Linux User Group (LUG) near you that could
help you with that.

If you don't want to partition your disk, you can also try VMware
(www.vmware.com) which among other things will allow you to run a
complete Linux system under Windows or vice versa. 2GB or RAM is more
than enough to do this comfortably. You can even download packaged
versions with software preinstalled, many of which are no-cost (see
http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/)

poc