[Evolution] Interesting problems!

Hi All
I've been happily using Evolution with NLD, SuSE9-10* and SLED and only
now have run into 2 issues at the same time.

Having had to remove some conf files from a users profile
(.gconf*,  .nautilus/ .metacity .gnome*) the user had just to re-enter
his UID/mailserver details (.evolution wasn't touched). This worked
ok .. until

1 he tried to use the mail filter. CTRL + A then CTRL + Y returned " No
Provider for protocol `email' " ??? this had worked perfectly ok before.

2 The same user had previously been able to see the shared folders in
the companies OpeneXchange server - I double checked that he had in
"Receiving Options"  check box named "Override server-supplied folder
namespace". Check it and leave the text box below it empty.

Doesn't matter what I try I cannot seem to get the profile back as it
should be??
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Ade