Re: [Evolution] Can't build from SVN HEAD (July 30)

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 07:30 -0700, jreidthompson wrote:

the build is trying to link against the old library in -Wl,/opt/evo/lib
which doesn't have `e_source_get_duped_property'

try..

evolution --force-shutdown
mv /opt/evo /opt/evo.old

then distclean, and rebuild

Actually, the error building evolution was my own fault: I forgot to run
"make -k install" in e-d-s so it had never installed the new library.

The error building e-d-s is, though, I think, a real bug.  It's only in
the test directory, but nevertheless the build should always prefer the
local versions of those libraries to the already-installed versions, or
we'll run into this problem again and again.  Since the tests are build
automatically, it means we can't get a clean make/make install as long
as this problem exists.

Onward and upward!  Thanks.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>          Find some GNU make tips at: