Re: [Evolution] Very serious problem with evo-exchange 2.11.5

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 19:55 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 09:09 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
This seems to have fixed the flakiness about first delete times and
showing only part of the Inbox, as far as I can tell after
stopping/starting a few times and not seeing these problems.  However,
the partial Inbox situation didn't happen immediately the first time
so it's also possible I just haven't hit it yet.

I just hadn't hit it yet :-/.  When I went to work I found that my work
system (also running Evo SVN HEAD, 2.11.5) had magically "disappeared"
most of my Inbox while I was at home, just like my home Evo did.

I removed the .evolution/exchange and .evolution/mail/exchange
directories at work, and then my Evo there was fine for almost the
entire day; I was beginning to think the problem was solved.

However, about 5pm or so it happened again: my work Inbox went from
having 130 message in it to having 4.  Note that it's not just that
there are only four summary lines shown: the counter of messages above
the folder bar ALSO says there are only 4 messages there.  Extremely
disconcerting.

Stopping/starting Evo does NOT resolve this problem--since renaming the
directories does, though, I have to conclude that there is a bug
somewhere that is corrupting the exchange summary cache on disk.

And here's the kicker: when I got home my home version of Evo had ALSO
jumped to having just 4 messages in it!  When I left for work there were
130 or so, and no one was home all day (although I left my VPN running
so the Evo at home WAS keeping up with mail, etc.), and when I got home
just 4.

This seems to imply there's a "feature" of the incoming mail itself
that's instigating this corruption, NOT a GUI issue, since no one was
using the GUI.

From your description of the bug, Yes, what you seem to be hitting is
some consequence of syncing some updates.  IIUC, I just leave a system
running evolution-exchange and fetching mails, should reproduce this
issue, isn't it, Paul?

Let me prepare a system and watch it for a day to reproduce.  Meanwhile,
any lead in anyway to narrow it down to any particular scenario will be
much useful for me to quickly jump into the issue and solve it.

Thanks,

V. Varadhan

--
Veerapuram Varadhan <vvaradhan novell com>

 Novell, Inc.
Software for the Open Enterprise™
http://www.novell.com