[Evolution] Moving IMAP mail to another server

Hi all!

Hopefully I am the fist to suffer from a problem caused partially by my own mistakes but as wel by what I suspect is a faulty transaction system in Evolution.. Here's what happened:

I wanted to move all my imap mail from my ISP to my local server (FC6, dovecot backed by Mbox ). I had neatly put all mail (since 1999!!) in (sub)folders on the ISP side.
I configured both localhost and ISP imap servers in Evolution, synced, and moved the folders one by one to my local host.

Most of you will probably point out that it is not possible to create subfolders in an Mbox store: true that was my mistake, but what happened next was not at all what I expected: Evolution did not complain, moved as many messaged as possible and deleted all server folders! However most messages where in subfolders on the ISP side and where lost in transition!
My isp claimes that besides raid arrays no backups are in place to restore my mail and well... I've just lost a few hundred messages.

Is this known behavior? Does anyone know why the failed transaction was not rolled back? I suppose this is a bug. Even though it was my own stupidity that caused all this, I would at least have expected a dialog confronting me with my mistake (no subfolders allowed on imap server 'localhost' or sg similar).

Grtz, Jeroen