[Evolution] Connecting to Communigate Pro - maybe a problem with @ in username?

Hi

I am desperately trying to connect evolution to our Communigate Pro server, but it does not work. I know that the server works, because kmail can access it just fine with this url: https://staff-mail.lboro.ac.uk/CalendarData/Calendar.ics, asking nicely for username (which is user domain) and password.

Now Evolution does not support a calender with https:, but I thought that caldav://server/CalendarData/Calendar.ics would do the trick. It does connect to the right port, but then I get the following error message:

(evolution-2.10:6089): calendar-gui-WARNING **: Unable to load the calendar Authentication required

I assume that the server needs something that Evolution does not support (yet)? I found an old message that says https authentication is not supported in version 2.2, and planned for 2.4. So should this work now?

I also had some trouble whether Evolution would put random fragments of the domain in the url, such as caldav://domain domain@domain server/CalendarData/Calendar.ics. This resulted in the error message:

(evolution-2.10:4518): calendar-gui-WARNING **: Unable to load the calendar Unknown error

I am not sure whether this is connected, and the error message is certainly as unhelpful as possible.

This is with Evolution 2.10.1 on an up to date Ubunt 7.04/i386. Any idea what to do? Maybe an https-proxy? And is there an easy way to capture https connection?

Yours,
Thomas