[Evolution] Very serious problem with evo-exchange 2.11.5

I upgraded my Evo install (on Ubuntu 7.04) from  2.11.4 to SVN HEAD
(2.11.5)--that includes new builds/installs of libsoup (although nothing
changed here), gtkhtml, evolution-data-server, evolution, and
evolution-exchange (and evolution-webcal although I don't use this).

I was excited to try the new version because of all the bug fixes listed
in it.

However, I have to say that for me so far this release is a step
backward in reliability from 2.11.4:

The "initial delete" taking a long time (bug #442186) is still there,
and actually worse than before in some cases.  In particular the very
first time I ran it after upgrading to 2.11.5, my entire session hung (I
went off to browse the web and came back 10-15 minutes later and it was
still hung: the window wouldn't repaint etc. and I had to kill it).  I
restarted and this time it took about the same time as it used to to
delete the first item.

My other issues (not seeing new mail in the summary, etc.) are all still
there.

And here's the REALLY troubling aspect... most of the mail in my
Exchange INBOX disappears sometimes!

I have 142 message in my Exchange inbox, but right now in my Evo it says
I only have 7!!  What happened was I was switching to another (already
read) message in the Exchange INBOX, and the app again seemed to hang
up, although I could see the little twirling icon that seemed to say it
was waiting, so I let it sit there for a while.

When I got back, it said I only had 7 message in my INBOX!  Needless to
say I was freaked out thinking all those other emails had been deleted.

I restarted Evo SVN, but the same thing.  Then I used --force-shutdown
to stop all Evo processes, and restarted: still the same thing.

Then I stopped Evo SVN and ran Evo 2.10.1, which is the standard version
of Evo on my Ubuntu box.  This version saw all the email so I knew it
was still there (whew!)  Then I restarted evo SVN and it could now see
all my mail.

But, just now it did the same thing again: now only 7 messages are
visible!  Offhand I can't see anything particular or special about the 7
messages.

Plus, all my previous bugs still seem to be still there as well.

Overall the program feels a bit quicker (although I build with -g and no
-O so that probably doesn't help) but IMO the stability is not where it
was even for 2.11.4.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>          Find some GNU make tips at: