Re: [Evolution] spam filter or not to spam filter

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 10:33 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 10:12 +0100, michael wrote:
When I first start evolution and it fetches new mail from 6 accounts, it
seems that often not all new emails are checked for spam. For example,
if I later select a bunch of new emails and manually "check for junk"
then indeed many of the new emails are flagged as spam.

I'm running Evolution 2.6.3 under Debian (seems to happen for both
'etch' and 'unstable')

I seem to write this a lot here! :

Only "new" mail is filtered - "new" is not the same as "unread".  If
another program or email application has already "seen" the mail, then
that mail is no longer "new" according to the IMAP specs, and so since
it isn't flagged as "new", Evo doesn't filter it.  The "other program"
may be another email application or web mail interface, or it may even
be a mail notification applet somewhere.

P.

Daniel & Pete,
Firstly thanks for the replies.
But to clarify, I'm not talking about shutting down Evo at all. I'm
talking about (eg) when I first fire it up in the morning. What I seeing
is Evo (inc spam filter) running. No other web browsers reading the
email. So I would think the unread email is indeed new... so shouldn't
it be being filtered?

I was wondering if it was spamd that somehow was either timing out or
only checking a max number of emails or something like that... but I'm
not sure how to check this in order to eliminate that...

Thanks, Michael