Re: [Evolution] spam filter or not to spam filter

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 10:12 +0100, michael wrote:
When I first start evolution and it fetches new mail from 6 accounts, it
seems that often not all new emails are checked for spam. For example,
if I later select a bunch of new emails and manually "check for junk"
then indeed many of the new emails are flagged as spam.

I'm running Evolution 2.6.3 under Debian (seems to happen for both
'etch' and 'unstable')

I've had a quick look in /var/log/syslog but nothing jumps out as to why
this may be happening.

All suggestions welcome.
Thanks, Michael

I've seen this too.  It seems to happen for me when evo learns about new
messages while writing inbox state during a shutdown.  It doesn't scan
those messages for junk (or run any other kind of filter on them) but
they're no longer marked as new when evo starts up again.

If I don't have my Inbox selected when I shut down, then I don't have
the problem, because the inbox had it's state written when I switched
folders.  Since I rarely shut down evo, and rarely have my inbox
selected (most of my mail gets filtered into local folders), it rarely
happens to me.  I can imagine that, if you start  and stop evo a lot, or
you mostly work in your inbox, then you'll have this problem a lot.

Probably the solution is for evo to either not scan for new messages
when shutting down, or do the full filter run on them before actually
shutting down.  Probably the former, since evo takes a long time to shut
down already.

Daniel