Re: [Evolution] Lost connection to Evolution Exchange backend process

I'm sorry that this is not an answer to your problem, but just a
"Me too!!",
Constantly getting "Lost Connection to Evolution Exchange backend process",
I can view some old messages, and the folders and lists in them are visible,
but that's it.
Restarting Evolution has no effect. The exchange server is up and running,
web client works (as well as expected...)

- Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft), 2.6.17-10-generic #2 SMP

Noble, Leigh DR.  MATH wrote:

Hello Evolution world,

I'm using Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy) with kernel 2.6.17-10-386. I have Evolution
2.8.1 with exchange to connect to my work email and have been happily
using Evolution for over a year.

Everything has been working fine until yesterday. Since yesterday I
constantly receive the error:
----
Error while refreshing folder:
Lost connection to Evolution Exchange backend process
---

The error occurs either as soon as I enter my email password, or shortly
thereafter when I try to actually read the new mail. It is happening
every time I try to use evolution and I can't consistently read the text
of any mail messages.

Help...what steps might I take to try and resolve this? The ubuntu
automatic package manager alerted me to install some security fixes
yesterday morning, which I did. Perhaps this is realated to those
security fixes??... If so, how might I figure out whether I need to
report a bug against one of those packages vs some other problem??

--Leigh