Re: [Evolution] Can Evolution connect to an Exchange server shared mailbox?

On Sun, 2007-02-25 at 18:11 -0600, Peter Van Lone wrote:
On 2/16/07, Tom Pride <tom pride gmail com> wrote:
However the team that I work within also needs accesses to an MS
Exchange shared mailbox. Firstly, can Evolution cannect to a shared
mailbox?  I've tried using the "Subsrcibe to other users folder"
option but this does not seem to work.  Is there a specific method for
doing this?  I can access the shared mailbox via OWA without a
problem.

it is "supposed to" work. But has apparently been broken for at least
a couple versions. I continue to be underwhelmed with the exchange
connector's abilities.

What error do you get?  If it is "generic error", can you check your DNS
entries - whether your GC is reachable by <hostname>?

Also, which version of connector are you using?  In current SVN head, we
have fixed an encoding bug, because of which, if you have subscribed to
a Shared calender/mailbox that has space/any-url-encoded characters, you
will have to delete and recreate your account and re-subscribe to the
Shared calendar/mailbox.

It's a shame ...

Yes, only if it is a bug and not been addressed - AFAIK, I haven't
received any complaints on it - so, far.

Anyway, thanks for poking us

V. Varadhan

--
Veerapuram Varadhan <vvaradhan novell com>