Re: [Evolution] CalDAV - any successes out there

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 19:05 -0500, Don Levey wrote:
On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 10:01 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
I've been struggling with CalDAV and Evolution for a while now.  I've
had some minor successes but, in general, I can not get it to work
reliably.

I've tried various servers, including Cosmo, RSCDS and Bedework (all at
various version levels) and Evolution 2.4.x, 2.6.x and 2.8.x.  I managed
to get something approaching stability using Evo 2.6.x and Cosmo 0.3,
but that broke when going to either Evo 2.8 or Cosmo >0.3.  RSCDS worked
for a little while with Evo 2.8, but stopped recently when I went to Evo
2.8.2 (it will store events, but can't see them) - the RSCDS
installation is fine because Sunbird happily sees the events.

So *is* anyone using CalDAV successfully on Evo?  If so what server &
versions do you use?  All I want to do is to read and update a personal
calendar from 3 or 4 different machines.

Pete

I *was* able to get CalDAV to work.  Stress the "was".  I've been
successfully using Cosmo/Scooby (OSAF - www.osafoundation.org) v0.3 for
most of a year without issues.  As far as I can tell, the upgrade from
evolution-data-server 1.8.2 to 1.8.3 on 14-feb broke my access.  Now I
can no longer see any of my events on the calendars - though I can see
them when looking at the server directly.  Server reports no errors -
for some reason, the front end just won't display.  Feh.

I'm not doing anything complex, I'm not trying to connect to an exchange
server, or manage hundreds of users with weird configurations.  But if I
knew of an alternative that *worked* I'd jump at it in a heartbeat.

Sounds very similar to my experiences.  My current modus operandi is to
have one of my Evo's as a sort of master that publishes it's local
calendar using WebDAV - I then just read that using WebCAL on my other
machines.  My "collaborative" calendars (i.e. my wife and daughter) are
handled using Google calendars and just displayed in Evo.

P.