Re: [Evolution] Feature Suggestion - Sticky notes for email messages

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 12:25 -0800, Michael M. wrote:
On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 19:59 -0600, Jack wrote:
Hello everyone,
    I apologize if this suggestion has already been made before or if folks
don't think it is a good one.  I think Evolution is a fantastic product
and, as I deal with a large amount of email in my job, I thought of a
feature that might help Evolution get more of an edge over MS Outlook:
sticky notes on emails.

Perhaps Tomboy can come close to doing what you want?  It's a Gnome
"sticky note" app that sits in the panel.  It can link to received
emails, and according to the website, will be able to create Evolution
ToDo's and Tasks.  Other stuff too.

http://www.gnome.org/projects/tomboy/

Worth a look anyway.

You can link mail to a note, but you can't link a note to a mail.

But there is so much other info locally attached to an email in evo
(like flags and so on) that it can't need a total re-write to link
another bit info that will trigger a dbus event to open a tomboy note.
(But I say that not having done any programming for years!!)

Pete