Re: [Evolution] [Fwd: Re: Support for Exchange 2007]

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 10:50 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Our IT guy already frowns upon my Suse box - asking for a additional win
box will not work.

Although I couldn't be less interested in using Exchange (I feel your
pain :-) it occurs to me that you should be able to so this via a VMware
installation of Windows on your Linux box. You can install VMware
Workstation for free (gratis, not libre).

In fact http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/partners/ has a
bunch of canned installations (VMware calls them Virtual Appliances).
Maybe the Brutus people -- or any other interested party -- would like
to consider creating such an appliance.

I'm doing all of my Brutus Server development and testing using VMware
so I know for sure that such an approach would work.

We won't start distributing ready-to-run Brutus Server VMware images
anytime soon though. The reason is that we would then, in effect, move
into the Windows reseller business. We don't want to do that right now,
but that naturally shouldn't stop anyone else doing it.

So please do use a valid Windows license to create a Brutus Server image
if you can't get a "real" physical box up and running.

--
  jules