Re: [Evolution] [Fwd: Re: Support for Exchange 2007]

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 13:21 +0000, Hans van der Merwe wrote:
On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 07:17 -0600, Peter Van Lone wrote:
On 2/13/07, Hans van der Merwe <hvdmerwe sunspace co za> wrote:

This is a stretch, but what if the components that is needed for MAPI
can be run in Wine?

I think the point is that, since it's job is to connect to exchange
(which runs on windows only) it should not be that big a deal to
either:

1)run brutus on the exchange box itself (therefore not increasing your
windows footprint)

I have no control over our servers.

2)put another small, insignifigant, windows box somewhere in the
network, which will allow you to avoid windows on countless boxes that
need exchange email.

Our IT guy already frowns upon my Suse box - asking for a additional win
box will not work.

Although I couldn't be less interested in using Exchange (I feel your
pain :-) it occurs to me that you should be able to so this via a VMware
installation of Windows on your Linux box. You can install VMware
Workstation for free (gratis, not libre).

In fact http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/partners/ has a
bunch of canned installations (VMware calls them Virtual Appliances).
Maybe the Brutus people -- or any other interested party -- would like
to consider creating such an appliance.

poc