[Evolution] Keyring and evo 2.9.6

  Hello guys,
           I am using evo 2.9.6 with the gnome keyring manager. This has
a major improvement - when I log in from home (outside corporate
firewall) the old system used to hang for 60s until it decided the GAL
ldap server did not exist. Now it starts immediately - great.
   However, there are two niggles:

  *) Starting the keyring withh pam_keyring-0.0.8-3.fc6 does not seem to
work for me - I have to give the password every time. I am new to this.

  *) When contacting the LDAP server fails, I get prompted for the
password. Every few minutes this comes up. Surely it should just get the
password from the keyring?

     Can anyone help with either of these?
           Thanks,
               Bill