Re: [Evolution] Evolution sometimes "hides" my emails

Hi Alasdair,

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 10:40 +1100, Alasdair McAndrew wrote:
For some reason, every now and again evolution (2.2.1) clears out my
inbox, presenting me with a blank space, where there should be lots of
messages.  They have not been actually deleted (if I use MS web
exchange, I'll get them); it's just that evolution, for some reason,
won't display them.

It does, however, display all messages received since hiding the
others.  How do I get the others back?  They are there on the server,
but for some reason I can't access them.  Sometimes I can simply quit
and restart evolution, and there they all are again; other times if I
quit evolution I can't restart it (as I have mentioned in previous
postings).  I have a nasty idea that it is in fact a problem with
glib/gtk2, and not with evolution itself, but I don't know how to
verify this, or to fix it.

In such circumstances, zapping the cache will help you refetch messages
from the server.

BTW, 2.2.1 is quite old and if it is possible to upgrade to 2.8.x or SVN
head will help both you and us (Evo developers). :-)

HTH,

V. Varadhan