Re: [Evolution] Processes still running after logging out

--- Murray Trainer <mtrainer central-data net> wrote:

Hi,

I have installed the latest versions of evolution,
evolution-data-server, evolution-webcal and evolution-exchange from the
URL below:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/STABLE/openSUSE_10.2/i586/

I have also installed gconf2, gnome-panel, gtkhtml2, libbonobo, and
linbonoboui from the same source.  I am getting bonobo-activation-server
and evolution-data-server processes still running after a user logs out.
Are there any other related rpm's I might need to upgrade to resolve
this issue?

This is most likely happening because the Clock applet in gnome-panel is still
using those processes. If the Clock applet would release it's reference of
those processes, they would exit (I've seen it happen).

I've even tried to do "evolution --force-shutdown" to get rid of all processes.
Most of the time, those processes you mention come right back due to the Clock
applet. If I remove the Clock applet from the panel, the processes never come
back.

This is a "feature" of the Clock applet, in that it will show you the events
and tasks you have to do for today, or any day you look at. Unfortunately,
there's no configuration option to turn the feature on and off.

If you're not using the Clock applet, there may be some other applet that is
using the evolution processes.

Nathan