Re: [Evolution] Processes still running after logging out

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 17:42 +0800, Murray Trainer wrote:
Hi,

I have installed the latest versions of evolution,
evolution-data-server, evolution-webcal and evolution-exchange from the
URL below:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/STABLE/openSUSE_10.2/i586/

I have also installed gconf2, gnome-panel, gtkhtml2, libbonobo, and
linbonoboui from the same source.  I am getting bonobo-activation-server
and evolution-data-server processes still running after a user logs out.
Are there any other related rpm's I might need to upgrade to resolve
this issue?

Same thing happens to me on Fedora 7, both with Evo 2.10.3 and 2.11.9.
It's unclear whether this is a bug or a feature. Personally I hope it's
a bug as I don't like the idea of random processes being left behind
when I terminate a session.

I don't know if this is somehow related to the desktop environment. I
use KDE and kdm.

Some input from the devels would be welcome at this point ...

poc