Re: [Evolution] Strange bug when dragging mails between folders

Hi,

I'm on evolution 2.11.90 on OpenSolaris my own build, and this bug is occurring all the time ?

My whole desktop looks up.

Dave

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 21:49 -0400, cwarner wrote:
On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 00:07 +0200, Oystein Gisnas wrote:
> tir, 25,.04.2006 kl. 21.05 +0200, skrev Jerome Warnier:
> > Is there something I missed or is this a bug, which is should report?
>
> There is a similar bug report. Can you check if
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=280775 has the same
> characteristics as your problem. In particular, do you have this problem
> when you move one message in an idle system? I can reproduce this myself
> when two drag-and-drop actions overlap (a DnD action sends it last
> signal when the action is completed).
>
> I've been looking into this earlier today, actually, but the evo DnD
> code is new for me, so I have to read up a bit more on the topic. I'm
> interested in knowing if non-Debian users can reproduce this, and also
> if someone can help out on fixing it.
>
> Cheers,

I also have this problem is this officially in Evolution's bug database
or just debian? I'm using Evolution 2.4.1 - ubuntu breezy.

It's difficult to reproduce but if you get the timing perfectly you can
do it. I'm not sure if this is a GTK/DND or Evo bug. I'll help in fixing
if I can reproduce. I'll attach to the process and get some bt info;
then add onto the deb ticket.

--
Christopher Warner <cwarner kernelcode com>

David Clack

Solaris X86 Evangelist
Senior Systems Engineer
OEM Software Sales
Sun Microsystems
642, Chinook Ave SE, Ocean Shores, WA, USA, 98569
Phone +1-360-289-2158
Fax +1-360-289-2091
Mobile +1-206-265-1904
Email David Clack Sun COM