Re: [Evolution] Strange sync behaviour in Evo.

Le lundi 27 août 2007 à 22:48 +1000, andrewlgreig netscape net a écrit :
Frederic Crozat wrote:

Since Mandriva 2007.0, we have switched from the old "visor" module to a
module-less way (using libusb) to communicate with Palm PDA. Which is
why there is no /dev/pilot and it is normal. It is even documented in
2007.0 release notes :
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Releases/Mandriva/2007/Notes#PalmOS_based_PDAs

Dear Frederic,

This synching with the visor module has been successful, but a bug-buddy
report suggests that it is failing at the end of the syncg.  My
Calendars appear to be up to date, and I have lost no Contacts, but I am
interested in doing this better.

If we were not meant to run the visor script, why is it still in
the /etc/dynamic/scripts directory?

It isn't called anymore, so it doesn't matter if it is still there or
not.

Now that I have visor module loaded, how do I get back to the libusb
idea?

By undoing what you did to get visor module loaded.

Do I need to remove the usbserial and the visor modules? What should I
put in the device tab of the synch preferences?  It shows usb:  should
it be usb:0 or usb:1 or just usb:   ?

usb:

I was not able to get this running using this setting before I loaded
the visor module. Should I remove the visor script
from /etc/dynamic/scripts directory?  Perhaps that script is hijacking
the usb bus somehow.

No, this script won't do a thing if module isn't loaded.

The reference in the release notes, for which you provided the link, are
not clear.  They merely state the case, but do not instruct in the
alternative method.

Because this "method" is no longer supported by Mandriva.

Please, move this conversation to gnome-pilot list.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva