Re: [Evolution] Slow response

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 20:21 -0400, Reid Thompson wrote:
re building -- this list is a great resource -- if you are willing give
it a try, others will try to address any issues you run into...

Even given a few annoying things that still exist in the current SVN
codebase (some of which I still hope will be fixed before 2.12 is
released), 2.12 is much, much better than any previous version.  I can't
address your "super slow" issue directly, except to say that I
definitely try to avoid having too many messages in any given folder; my
largest folder is "Deleted Items" with 2300 messages; my largest
"regular" folder has <500 messages.  I don't know if that's an issue for
you.

I have folders with >20,000 and >40,000 messages, with no speed
problems.  It's not been a problem for me until ~200,000 messages.

Daniel