Re: [Evolution] Slow response

re building -- this list is a great resource -- if you are willing give it a try, others will try to address any issues you run into...

Even given a few annoying things that still exist in the current SVN
codebase (some of which I still hope will be fixed before 2.12 is
released), 2.12 is much, much better than any previous version.  I can't
address your "super slow" issue directly, except to say that I
definitely try to avoid having too many messages in any given folder; my
largest folder is "Deleted Items" with 2300 messages; my largest
"regular" folder has <500 messages.  I don't know if that's an issue for
you.

Running svn head...
all of these listed below are exchange via OWA...
my inbox and several other folders run 1 to 2K emails constantly
ruby-talk has 4.7K
a couple have ~2-3K messages
I have one folder that holds application generated emails with 12K emails
and i've probably got 100+ folders total..

Pentium 4 somewhere around 2GHZ with 1GB ram.

Speed isn't an issue for me

I rebuild several times a week usually --
basically...
$ make distclean; svn update && ./autogen.sh ..params.. && make && sudo make install

first for evolution-data-server, then for evolution, and then for evolution-exchange depending on which ones have had commits...