[Evolution] GAL autocomplete hanging Evo (2.11.90)

I've been seeing this for a while, since I upgraded to 2.11, and it's
still happening with the latest SVN code as of yesterday.  I seem to
recall having some issues with GAL lookup in 2.10 but they seemed more
rare and random: what I'm seeing in 2.11 is much more prevalent.

Sometimes (fairly often) when I'm composing an email and entering an
address in the "To:" field that is being autocompleted via GAL lookup,
Evo hangs completely (it won't even repaint if I switch to a different
page and back again etc.) and my CPU goes very busy.  I've waited for
quite a while and it never comes back: I have to force-quit it and
usually I have to kill the evolution-exchange, etc. processes as well.

It seems to not happen when I've just started Evo, but once it's been
running for a bit it will happen most of the time.

The problem seems to be this: I type the first 3 characters of the name
and Evo gives me a drop-down showing matching names.  When I type the
4th character, Evo goes into this busy state.  I don't know if it's
timing related but when it happens I'm typing fast (there's no real
delay between the 3rd and 4th characters).

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>          Find some GNU make tips at: