Re: [Evolution] resetting configuration

That's one reason I use my LDAP server for Contacts.  You should
consider it - its API insulates it from any Evolution format changes.

 If you know what to do, it takes all of 5 minutes to get an LDAP server
up and running.  In addition, you can access your address book from
anywhere on the Internet.  Also, it is easy to import/export VCard
entries from contacts or other address book formats on other email apps.