Re: [Evolution] Re-configuring mbox

I just had to do this for changing smtp. I noticed that gconf saves your original home directory in the evolution settings. So if you change home directories you have to reset it. Using sed you can easily replace it or just direct the output from the first command into a file and change it by hand. Make sure to back up the %config.xml before doing this, I wiped it a half a dozen times trying to figure this out.

gconftool-2 --get /apps/evolution/mail/accounts | sed s/oldlocationofhomedirectory/directorywhereyouwanttosaveto/g > /tmp/evo.temp
gconftool-2 --unset /apps/evolution/mail/accounts
gconftool-2 --type=list ----list-type=string --set /apps/evolution/mail/accounts "`cat /tmp/evo.temp`"

Chris

Victor Hugo Micordia Acuña wrote:
To keep a simply back up i've decided to copy my old mails to an ethernet disk drive. and also i've tried to reconfire the ?%config.xml so i can save mi new mail directly in the Ethernet Disk, but i was unable to find the way to do it.

all other things like calendar, tasks, and memos i was able to redirect to the ethernet disk but the mail.

So my cuestion is: how I configure ~/.gconf/apps/evolution/mail/?%config.xml to be able to save my new mail in the ethernet disk drive?

I have configure the access to the ethernet disk drive so i can access to it automatically (smbmount) and I also have the permissions to normal user to access to it.

Im using ubuntu feisty and the evolution version is 2.10.

Victor Micordia