Re: [Evolution] Global Address List unusable slowness in Evo 2.10.1 (and 2.8 as well)

On 4/24/07, Ari El <ari reads gmail com> wrote:
    When composing a new email, after typing the first 5 characters of a
name, I get a 7 seconds (!!) delay in which the composing window becomes
totally unresponsive, until I get the list of matches. Every new character I
add or delete, I get a new delay, which renders the whole thing completely
unusable.

I have the exact same problem in 2.6 .. it is nearly unuseable at times.

And what is even more odd is that some names seem to resolve almost
immediately, and other names ... EVERY time I try to type them ...
hang evo for many seconds. I literally have to switch to something
else, while I wait it out, so that I can navigate in the evo windows
again.

I anxiously await SLED sp1, as I am told that many evo updates are in
it. But, hearing that this problem still is in 2.10 .... does not give
me hope.

I am coming to the conclusion that the exchange gateway is just not
hightly regarded or given priority development attention. It is too
bad ... it's become a deal breaker for linux workstation
opportunitites.

<sigh>

Peter

--
"Do not be idolatrous or bound to any doctrine, theory or ideology,
even Buddhist ones. All systems of thought are guiding means, not

www.the-brights.net