Re: [Evolution] Archiving mail, suggestion

El dom, 15-04-2007 a las 23:03 +0530, Ritesh Khadgaray escribió:
On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 19:04 +0000, devel wrote:
Hello, It is posible archive mail by months and years?
Yes, but you would have to do it manually, or using a filter. Evolution
is not comparable with outlook in this regard.

On a additional note, i believe evolution seems to slow down with a
folder greater than 1gig in size, afaik.

Manually,..., in a computer manually is not good thing, remember the
philosophy of biggest software company:
-- If you know click you know about computers.
Translated:
Only the easiest win and survive.

"Store" know that mail is there but not used usually. Indexes only.

I think that version of evolution (2.0.2) that I use have this problems:
- Virtual folders do not scan all folders, for example searching for
important, or to do later classified mail.

Odd, what is the vfolder rule being used ?
Under Search folder sources is "all active folders" selected ?

If this is indeed a bug, file it with centos/rhel .

Work, this is very powerful.

- Storage of old mail is not automatic.
sorry, i really did not understand this.

- Mail is stored in the same folder of evolution configuration, I think
that mail folder should be in HOME/mail or something like this, to
backup purposes.
stored under $HOME/.evolution/

My opinion:
For backup purposes mail that have one month or more is not very usable,
but should be archived.
Evolution does not need to have it in memory, but can know that this
mail is there.
I think that a good think is store mail in folder like $HOME/my_mail,
where Evolution store mail with automatic method. For example something
like this:

-my_mail
--2005
---January
----First week
--2006
--2007
---January
----First week

Store all mail can be so hard if keep in memory, for this reason only
indexes should be used.

This is my opinion.

- Evolution seems to have problems using local copy of IMAP when IMAP
server is inaccesible.
Right click on imap folder, and check if "Offline mode" is enabled .

In this version (2.0.2) if server is inaccesible I can not see the mail.
In other way if server have a problem I can not save the local copy
(enabled) of mail because I can not see or use it.

Publicidad http://www.pas-world.com