Re: [Evolution] Evolution freezes specific pop connections?

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 13:37 -0400, Wendell Mackenzie wrote:
If you don't have the development/debug builds, go get em.

Run Evolution using gdb and when the problem occurs take a thread
dump.

Post this to the evolution mailing lists.  The developers will
certainly respond.

Wendell

Thank you. This is a very constructive suggestion and I will attempt it.

I went to the Evolution site to:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/bugs.shtml

and I tried to follow what they said there, though I am not sure I got
it all right. I first tried running in a terminal:

CAMEL_DEBUG=all evolution >& evo.log

I don't think I did that right since I still don't have my prompt back,
and it is 5 minutes later.

I then opened Evolution using this command:

gdb evolution

And that seemed to work alright, since I am using Evolution now. Now the
question is whether I will have anything in the log when it crashes
next.<g> But it is a start.

--
Kevin B. O'Brien TANSTAAFL
zwilnik zwilnik com Linux User #333216