Re: [Evolution] [evo2.8] Can't search everywhere in Addressbook, and can't sign with GPG anymore

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 10:06 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:

perhaps libgnome-2.14 should be added to configure.in to clearly state
and check for the required versions of the libraries evolution depends
on. harish?

Yes!  I've been going on about this for GLib and GTK+.  I think the jury
is still out on what the policy is w.r.t. what versions of the libraries
to support relative to the latest Evolution/GNOME release.  Harish?

Multiple releases/branches, distributions, support commitments,
upstream/downstream dependencies and GOALs - too many things to figure
it all alone inside my little head :-).

I will add a page on go-evolution.org to do a core dump on my
assumptions and invite each of the module hackers and friends of Evo to
review/comment and validate my thoughts.

Let us discuss this on Wednesday in our weekly irc meeting.

- Harish