Re: [Evolution] Email notification?

%% Ritesh Khadgaray writes:

http://www.arnab.org/blog/evolution-email-notification

Yeah, I found that.  It does work, but it's pretty basic.  The
information contained in the notification is cryptic: basically it
says "new mail" then some info on the mailbox but nothing about the
message (who it's from, subject, etc.) which would be nice to see.
Also, it doesn't discriminate based on mailbox so when I delete items
I get another notification because the message showed up in my Deleted
folder.  These are not the worst problems in the world, but it seems
like in Gnome in September, 2006 we should have a reasonably nice mail
notification client!

%% Reid Thompson writes:

http://www.nongnu.org/mailnotify/

The one packaged in Universe appears to be 2.0, not the latest (3.0),
and 2.0 doesn't list Evolution as a supported client: note I'm using
Evo Connector, so my mailbox isn't available through standard methods
like POP or IMAP: I need a notification client that listens to DBUS
for Evo mail events (for example).  I'll install it and try it out.

I've built GARNOME a few times but honestly I just don't have the
energy for it these days (that's a big reason why I switched to
Ubuntu!)  I'm happy to wait for Edgy to be released, if there will be
a solution there.

Thanks for the pointers guys!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>          Find some GNU make tips at: