Re: [Evolution] html mail from command line

On Thursday, 14 September, Joris Vuffray (joris nova ath cx) wrote:

I converted my girlfriend to Linux/Gnome some times ago and she uses
Evolution for her mails etc. In Windows/Outlook she used to send pictures
directly from the Windows Explorer by right clicking them; pictures are
scaled and an html mail integrating the selected pictures pops-up. The
mail can be edited to add comments inline.  My problem it that I was
unable to produce the same behaviour with nautilus and evolution.

You don't say what versions of anything you're using, but in Ubuntu 6.06.1
which has Gnome 2.14.3 and Evolution 2.6.1 I can do this:

Browse to a picture in Nautilus.

Right click

Select "Send To..."

Enter the email address

A new evolution mail window comes up with the picture already in the
attachment bar.  There is a thumbnail of the picture so you can see what it
is.  You can add comments, then send it.  More pictures can be added by
dragging and dropping them into the attachment bar.

I'm not sure what you mean by "scale the picture" though.

Does this help?