[Evolution] Emails not displayed correctly

I am using Evoution 2.6.1 for email with Ubuntu 6.06 and have just started
getting some messages showing as strings of very small numeric characters
(ie 0-F) in either the preview or message windows. If I copy these and paste
them into gedit they display fine. I suspected it was a charater encoding
problem and have checked my defaults which are set to UTF-8.

Many emails display correctly. including html stuff and some that appear to
be plain text. It's just some that have the problem. I've tried to work out
whether those that don't display correctly have some common characteristic
but the closest I can come is that they seem to be relatively plain emails
that are probably all text.

I recently copied all my evolution files to a Windows machine and used them
for a couple of months in Evolution for Windows. I have now copied them
back, so perhaps that has contributed to the problem.

I have also just got a new monitor (LG Flatron L1718S) and it is running on
the same "generic" settings of 1024x768 and 61Hz as my old one as I haven't
had time to do any more sophisticated installation.
Sent from the Gnome Evolution - General forum at Nabble.com.