Re: [Evolution] Decouple the mail exchange component from the rest...

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 12:55 +0200, Ignacio Mas Ivars wrote:
On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 12:22 +0200, Jules Colding wrote:
mail over the exchange connector due to some weird behavior in the
exchange server, so I use IMAP and SMTP to access my mail in the server.
I still need to keep my calendar in exchange, bu I don't want to have
another mail account in my mail view and I want to send everything over
SMTP. I have tried deactivating the mail account in the mail view, but
then the calendar and the global catalogue disappear as well... Can you
do it someway?

You can if you are using evolution-brutus.

Yep, but then you need a brutus server in the net, right?

Yes.

and I can't
have the IT admins of my all-M$ working domain to put something like
that.

You don't need to touch the Exchange server for once and you don't need
to install Brutus Server on any kind of server box, just a common win32
with no special privileges will do.

The only tricky part administrator-wise is that you need to run the
Brutus server process as a domain user with a few additional privileges.

HTH,
  jules