Re: [Evolution] Synchronizing desktop and laptop

On Mo, 2006-10-30 at 11:53 -0600, Michael Ekstrand wrote:
On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 18:25 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
Evolution GUI
        When importing or updating a contact from the server, some
        telephone numbers might only be displayed in the contact summary
        after editing the contact once. Evolution 2.0.4 till 2.6.3,
        ContactSync::testMerge test. Starting with SyncEvolution 0.4
        this is solved by modifying the contact in the same way as the
        internal editor does. If it still fails, the server might send
        phone numbers without setting their type correctly.

Perhaps I should go in and make a formal bug report about this, if I can
document sufficiently.

I did play with the SyncEvolution source in an attempt to make it set up
some default display properties when it saved a contact; this wound up
not working.

I followed the same approach; I guess we simply tried slightly different
things. Would you mind trying 0.4 again?

I'll give it a shot.  It looks like my attempts were against the 0.4pre2
sources.

Yes, I fixed it later than that:

2006-09-09  Patrick Ohly  <Patrick Ohly gmx de>
[...]
       * src/EvolutionContactSource.cpp, src/TestEvolution.cpp:
       split TYPE parameter with commas into different parameters to
       help Evolution parse it (the overview display didn't handle this,
       the editor did)

I fear I forgot to mention this change in the NEWS file and I also did
not have the time to file a bug report against Evolution. If you want to
do that, try importing a vcard which has e.g. "TEL;TYPE=WORK,VOICE:"
instead of "TEL;TYPE=WORK;TYPE=VOICE:".

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly