Re: [Evolution] Attribution line

Ð Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:03:19 +0200, Fridtjof Busse ÐÐÐÐÑÐ:

I'm using Evolution 2.8.0 and would like to change the attribution line
Evolution uses when replying to email.
Currently, it uses a localized string like, but as I often send mails
to non-german speaking persons, I'd like to use a generic line like
"* Surname Name <email isp com>:".

Any way to do this (without recompiling Evolution)?

Yes.  Get the po/de.po file from Evo sources and open it with an
editor.  Then search for

msgid ""
"On ${AbbrevWeekdayName}, ${Year}-${Month}-${Day} at ${24Hour}:${Minute} "
"${TimeZone}, ${Sender} wrote:"

Change the msgstr to:

* ${SenderName} ${SenderEMail}:

Compile the modified PO file and copy it to the system location (may
vary from distro to distro):

$ msgfmt -c de.po -o evolution-2.8.mo
# cp evolution-2.8.mo /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/

Depending on what GNU/Linux distribution you use, you'll most probably
have to do this every time you upgrade Evo, as normal package-managed
distros (e.g. Debian, Fedora) will overwrite it.  It is not advisable
to keep a modified .mo file and copy it each time, since you'll miss
the updated translation that comes with the upgrade.