Re: [Evolution] synching e-mail on two systems

Michael,

Thanks for your response.  When you say "IMAP is definitely the
standard/preferred way of doing this," I assume you mean as a way of
having access to the e-mail on two (or more) different systems at the
same time -- not to synching my mail after I've already downloaded it,
correct?

I had never looked at those files under pop/<account-name>/cache before.
I had always assumed that all the downloaded mail just went into
mail/local/ files and subdirectories.  It seems then that mail that is
pop'd is stored twice - in both those cache directories and in the local
mbox's.  Do you know if the cache directories/files have unique
identifiers related to the messages?  If so, I think it should work to
rsync messages in those directories on one system to the other.

For future reference (and forgive my ignorance -- I haven't used IMAP
before) it seems that IMAP keeps all messages on the server, correct?
Isn't that likely to eventually run me into problems with my ISP for
using too much space.  Does one lose access to ones old messages after a
while?

Jon