[Evolution] deleting trash

Hello.
I have a major issue with how old emails are treated (at least from what
I read in the guide, and learned from poking around the menus).

It seems that:
* deleted mails can go into the Trash folder only,
* it's impossible to delete only certain mails in the Trash folder.

Am I correct so far?

So, my issue is that I want to keep all my emails for several days (then
truly delete them). Furthermore, it would be "Really Nice" (TM) if
Evolution would delete them for me.

I don't want to keep them in the folders (that would mean going thru
them again, like it's housecleaning day).

So, I'd like to know if Evolution might have this capability soon. If
not, I'll submit an enhancement to bugzilla.