[Evolution] Edited memos default to "Private"?

Hi-

I'm using evolution-2.8.1.1-3.fc6 in connection with my Treo 650. So far,
everything is working fine,
except (you knew there was an "except" :-).....

When I edit a memo (one which has a state of "Public"), saving it sets the
state to Private - every time. This scared the heck out of me when I thought
Evo was deleting my memos on Palm sync!

If I save without editing (say, just setting the Option->Classification back
to Public) then the Option stays where I set it.,

But if I edit text and save, we go back to Private!

Any way to change this behavior?