Re: [Evolution] any way to get an LDAP address book to display all contacts by default?

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 09:29 +0530, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
It was a conscious decision not to have all the contacts from an LDAP
addressbook
show up by default, owing to performance reasons. This is not a
configurable option, atleast for the time being.  (The above does not
apply to your personal addressbook on the file system).

Aye, I can see the reasoning behind that.  But it's still mildly irritating not being able to see all the contacts at once.  Come on....I'm trying to reach centralized LDAP address book nirvana here! ;)

I guess my workaround for now is to search for "@" which seems to bring up all contacts w/an email address.

$ evolution --force-shutdown

ensures that the e-d-s process is shutdown. Starting Evolution again,
would start e-d-s in the background.

HTH,
Harish

Thanks very much for the tip, I would like to suggest that this info be included in the next version of the evolution user guide.

Best regards,
Seth